Sound doesn’t match the picture or hearing cracking noises
IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Sound issues identified
Unfortunately, recently you might be experiencing sounds issues when you have the Tune-in app installed.
- The sound of the TV doesn’t match the displayed image (lip-sync problem).
- The sound goes out of sync over a short period.
- You notice a decrease in sound quality or hear cracking sound distortions.
How do I solve these sound issues?
You can currently overcome the problem by uninstalling the Tune-in app and performing a soft reset:
- Option 1: Press and hold the green power button on the TV remote until the TV restarts.
- Option 2: Perform a power cycle: Unplug the TV power plug, wait a minute, and reinsert the plug.
If you do not have the Tune-in app installed, and are still experiencing this issue, please perform a soft reset regardless.
What is causing these sound issues, and what will Sony do?
After rolling out a firmware update, Sony always keeps a close eye on any potential side effects. Regardless of the rigorous tests we perform, the complexity of how devices and software are interconnected can cause unwanted side effects.
Identify, investigate and rectify
As soon as we noticed this issue, our engineering team immediately started an investigation. After we complete this investigation, Sony will publish a firmware solution.
Until then, we kindly ask for your patience and support. We apologise for the inconvenience caused.