Click on the topic to view the article.
Alexa is Amazon‘s cloud-based voice service. Through voice commands, Alexa allows you to operate your Sound bar via Amazon Alexa equipped devices (Amazon Echo, etc.).
Amazon Alexa functions are unavailable at countries and regions where Amazon Alexa equipped devices (Amazon Echo, etc.) are not sold.
For example, you can:
- Playback/Stop music.
- Switch tracks: go to Previous/Next track.
- Control the volume
In the EU, Amazon Music, Spotify, TuneIn & Deezer are supported. Depending on the music service, you may be required to adjust specific settings on the Amazon Alexa app.
Note that Spotify cannot be played on Alexa Multi-Room Music.
Note that currently you can't turn the power on/off, play back USB content, switch input or change the sound mode by using Amazon Alexa.
- an Amazon Alexa device (Devices similar to Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Plus etc.)
- a smartphone that can connect to Google Play or App Store to perform initial setup
- a Home network with Wi-Fi capabilities
- the Sony | Music Center app - Google Play Store - App Store
- an Amazon account.
- update the Soundbar software to its latest version
Installation & setup
- Ensure that you update your Sound bar firmware to its latest version
- Install the Music Center app on your smartphone
- Connect your smartphone and Sound Bar to the same wireless network.
- Run the Music Center app.
- Perform initial setup following the Music Center app screen.
If you want to use a Multi-room music setup:
- Run the Amazon Alexa app.
- Create a "Multi-Room Music Speaker Group" in the Amazon Alexa device settings and register the Sound bar.
How should I give voice commands when using the Amazon Alexa function?
You must give preset voice commands to your Amazon Alexa equipped devices (Amazon Echo, etc.).
Here are some voice commands in detail:
Note: In this case "Sound Bar" is set as the device name. You can freely set the device name, but since the recognition accuracy of the Amazon.com, Inc. service may change depending on the device name, we recommend using "Sound Bar" as the device name.
- Play music on the "Sound bar".
- Play some Jazz music on the "Sound bar".
- Play Bruno Mars on the "Sound bar".
- Turn up the volume on the "Sound bar".
- Turn down the volume on the "Sound bar".
- Stop the music on the "Sound bar".
- Play on the "Sound bar".
- Play a song on the "Sound bar".
- Stop on the "Sound bar".
- Next on the "Sound bar".
- Previous on the "Sound bar".
- Pause on the "Sound bar".
- Pause music on the "Sound bar".
My Amazon Alexa-enabled device doesn't respond to my voice commands.
Initial setup of the Music Center app fails.
The Alexa doesn't discover the Sound bar after initial setup of the Music Center app.
My Amazon Alexa - Sorry, the device is offline - doesn't recognise the Sound bar
I cancelled the Sound bar registration on the Amazon Alexa app, but the Sound bar doesn't get cancelled.
Signing out from the Alexa setting of the Music Center app should resolve this.
Music services such as Deezer, GimmeRadio, Saavn do not play correctly.
There is a possibility that the Sound bar software version is not updated to its latest version. Please update the software and try again.
The song information is not displayed correctly on the playback screen of the device while Amazon Alexa Multi-Room Music is playing.
Depending on the devices and music services that you use for Alexa Multi-Room Music, song data may not be sent through.
In this case, song information will not be displayed on the playback screen, or the information of the previous song may remain on the playback screen.